It is still winter in my part of the world and the cold weather is sapping my enthusiasm… but a few fun and crafty links always help! I hope these project ideas are a ray of sunshine on your Friday…
Any other fun links to share??
We LOVE this awesome Swap-bot community and we are so happy that each of you are a part of it! Have a really lovely heart day, swappers! xoxo
Since Valentine’s Day is coming up on Friday, I thought you might need all of these fun, heart-themed links a little bit early. There are tons of last minute Valentine ideas that you could whip up before the big day… Have fun!
Below are a few of the February Love Matchboxes I made this year…
BUT… I know not everyone enjoys heart day, so here are a few more neutral links…
Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day? Will you be crafting anything for the holiday??
Wow. 2014 is chugging along! Only 20 days until Valentine’s Day! I love the February holiday, but I feel unprepared this year… maybe these links will help! Enjoy…
What other links are you loving this week?
Hello and welcome to 2014! Here are some links to start your year off right:
Did you make any resolutions for the new year?
You already know I am a crazy lady when it comes to Valentine’s Day! I just can’t help it. I love all things pink & red & glittery & lovey dovey. I know not everyone feels the same way …which is why this week’s featured swap encompasses a bit more than just the holiday of love.
Even if you aren’t a huge Valentine fan, come join my February Love Matchbox Swap!! Your matchbox does not necessarily have to be Valentine’s Day related. It can be of any February theme, like winter, President’s Day, MLK Jr Day, my birthday!! haha! The swap is totally sender’s choice, so you can get started on your February crafting now. (You can download a free, printable matchbox template HERE.)
This is the sixth edition of this international paper crafting swap and I hope we can get a huge group of participants. For the swap, you simply decorate and fill one matchbox for one partner and get it in the mail by February 7th. New members and experienced members with a 4.9 rating, or higher, are welcome to join. But I will be weeding out anyone questionable. Sign up by January 27th!
p.s. You can see lots more examples of matchboxes in my Swap-bot set on Flickr. Enjoy!!
If you celebrate it today, Merry Christmas, Swap-botters! And no matter what you celebrate, I hope the end of your 2014 is filled with fun and family and peace.
Travis and I are so thankful that you have each been a part of the Swap-bot community this year. xoxo
These are all of the Christmas cards we received this year hung on the door to Swap-bot headquarters (aka my office at home.) Some are from friends and family, but most of them are from Swap-bot members! Thank you so much. You all have made our holiday special. (And yes, I work with Captain Jean Luc Picard.)
Crusher says, “Woof! I love you!”
I have a special Christmas Eve treat for you!! Check out these awesome Ernie creations made for the most recent Ernie the Envie Give Thanks and Swap:
This exquisite napkin holder was made by by moonlightlaura. I love the beautiful fall theme!
And this adorable, wintery ornament was painted by FunnerKinberly, the coordinator of the fabulous Ernie the Envie swap series. The next swap in the series, Ernie the Envie Holiday Happiness, has already closed and I can’t wait to see what the swappers create!
See lots more amazing Ernie creations in the past blog posts HERE.
Merry Christmas Eve! I hope everyone has a fun, relaxing, warm, love-filled holiday! xoxo
Happy Friday and Happy Holidays, everyone! I know that many of you are doing the last minute dash to get ready for Christmas and I hope some of these links are helpful….
- There is still time to hand make a festive holiday! Martha Stewart has a bunch of free, downloadable clip art for Christmas projects, like the candy cane mice seen above.
- For a quick and tasty gift or party crowd pleasure, make this fun-filled Cake Batter Bark.
- Speaking of party… Christmas Cookie Ice Cream Shots! Yum! Or, how about a Peppermint Egg Nog Milkshake Shot?! (Adult or kid-friendly versions.)
- My Zoetrope is one of my favorite illustrators and I LOVE these adorable, free, printable gift tags she is generously sharing for the holidays. So cute!
- This looks so cool: DIY Stamped Peppermint Candy. Made from scratch!
- It is not too late! Check out these three last minute DIY holiday gift ideas from A Beautiful Mess.
- Or, try one of the many Fun Christmas DIY Ideas from Oh Happy Day.
- Still need a few gift ideas? Check out our Crafty Swapper Holiday Gift Guide.
- I am in the mood to bake this weekend! I may make these Gingerbread Kiss Cookies. MMmmmm…
- Or, maybe I’ll pick from one of the 20 recipes for bars and cookies from the NY Times!
- Just for fun: Let it dough!
- More (totally strange) fun: pet the doge.
- Good news, you can still mail your packages tomorrow (Saturday) via USPS Priority Mail and they will arrive by Christmas Eve!
- And last, but not least…. your S’more of the week: Chocolate Fudge S’more Thumbprints.
Happy Winter Solstice!! (It is on Saturday in the Northern Hemisphere.) And if you celebrate it, I hope you have a beautiful, relaxing, fun-filled Christmas! Travis and I are doing our own, little Christmas with Crusher this year. I am looking forward to the peace and quiet. What are your plans for the holiday?
So many crafty friends and so few days left before Christmas! What can we give to our creative, swap-loving buddies to celebrate the holiday season? Here are my best ideas…
Good luck with all your gifting & happy, happy holidays!