The Ambassador program is going strong and I am excited to introduce each of the participants individually over the next few months. They are all enthusiastic, fun, active, positive members who are asked to help promote Swap-bot in their local communities.
Meet our next Ambassador, marymary914! Marymary914 lives in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan, and she has been a member of Swap-bot since 2008. Wow! She is a mom to two boys and two dogs, and she loves reading, stamping, and making ATCs!
Ambassador Region: Michigan, USA
How marymary914 found Swap-bot: “I’ve been on several book and postcard swapping sites for years, and thought I’d look up other types of swapping and found Swap-Bot! My life hasn’t been the same since.”
Why she enjoys Swap-bot: “I am a creative person (thanks, Mom, for encouraging creativity when I was young) and was looking for an outlet and a place I could learn new techniques from. I’ve been here since 2008! The members I swap with here are phenomenal and I aspire to their level of creativity on a daily basis. I tell people all the time about Swap-Bot and show them my art whenever I get the chance. And then I send it off to it’s new home with an awesome member from around the world.”
Her favorite type of swap: “By far my favorite swap to do is a Type 3, usually ATCs. I’ve done mini books and bookmarks, but I always come back to my favorite ATC groups and 2-5 swaps per month of all ATCs. ”
Check out one of marymary914’s beautiful ATCs:
See many more of her awesome swap creations in her Flickr photos.
Interesting facts about marymary914:
- I’m a respiratory therapist, wife and mom.
- I have over 500 books on my shelves (better get reading).
- I’ll be married 14 years tomorrow (May 6th) to the guy I went to Senior Prom with!
- I enjoy gardening with my oldest son. He knows as much about the plants as I do!
- We have 2 rescue dogs (one from the Michigan Humane Society and one from the Dominican Republic).
- We live about 5 miles from the Detroit city limits and no, that’s not scary like most people think. LOL
- I’m the oldest of 4 sisters and we are all pretty crafty. My one sister and I bake and decorate cakes for each others kids and each year they get fancier. Here’s one I made for my niece.
I hope you are enjoying getting to know your fellow swappers with these Ambassador Introductions. If you are interested in awesome ATC swaps or you have some cute owl goodies to share, marymary914 is definitely the member to contact.