Jul 21st 2012 02:45:20 pm
Good Saturday to you! Surprise! Your weekly dose of fun and fabulous links is here. (Only a day late… not too bad.)
- Yum. I would love to try this Chocolate Vanilla Frozen Cake recipe from La Receta de la Felicidad. (seen above)
- Or these decadent-looking Brownie Batter Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes from Kevin & Amanda.
- Are you ready for the London Olympics?! Host an Olympic party with these gold medal cookies or these slightly easier versions.
- Make these cool, DIY, leather earrings on Henry Happened.
- A few pretty DIY bracelet ideas on Blah to Tada.
- I love this easy fabric bow garland on Creature Comforts. So sweet!
- Did I already post this? 37 recipes for gifts in a jar from Tip Junkie. Kind of like big Whimsey Jars.
- These look incredible: Mojito Cheesecake Pops from Sprinkle Bakes.
- Hot dog Twinkies!
- Are you going to participate in Etsy’s International Craft Party this year on August 24th? Gather a big group and you can get free craft supplies!
- Just for fun: epic nerd nails!
What else did you find out there on the interwebs this week?
Jul 16th 2012 06:33:22 am
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. ATCs are 2.5″ x 3.5″ in size (the size of a usual playing card) and they are usually made of card stock. They can be hand drawn, decorated, and embellished in any way you like.
For this international swap, you must use gel pens in your ATC in some way. You have just one partner to whom you send just one ATC. Sign up before July 20th!
Jul 13th 2012 01:13:17 pm
Some crafty goodies Revive Her Drive for you on this freaky Friday the 13th!!
- Make one of the cute bottle necklaces seen above with this tutorial from Lana Red.
- Host a popsicle party with these lovely downloads and tutorials from Creature Comforts.
- And, eat these incredibly delicious Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles!
- How to make outdoor crafting art bombs.
- Pintester – Testing out all those pretty Pinterest recipes so that you don’t have to!
- Make a pretty mesh beach bag with this DIY tutorial on Design*Sponge.
- This DIY galaxy art work is very pretty!
- Top 10 resources for craft supplies.
- Support you fellow Swap-botter AlexAlgebra and check out her Equalize project.
Any other links we should know about????
Jul 5th 2012 11:33:13 am
I don’t always feature Type 3 – electronic swaps, but this one is special! Thebragal wrote all 100 questions from scratch and they cover a wide range of swapping and crafting topics.
Here are a few sample questions…
- What was your favourite swap?
- Have you ever been to a craft convention or festival?
- Ever met with a crafting friend or met a new crafting friend while on vacation?
- Do you let other things slide to make time for crafting?
- How many crafty books do you own?
- How long is too long without crafting?
- Can you imagine a life without crafts?
- And many more…
The swap is open to new and experienced swappers with a 4.5 rating. Sign up by July 20th and share your crafting passion with your four swap partners!
Jun 29th 2012 11:44:54 am
I am sad that I have not found time to blog here as much as I would like… but I am pumped to share a few fun links with you again today! (Lots of recipes again. I guess I just really like food!)
- Let’s start things off on a tasty note… Look at that beautiful Key Lime Cake shown above! The recipe is from Bakerella.
- In the mood for crafting? How about making a very cool Mod Podge statement ring?
- Or, make one of these wooden bead necklaces from See That There.
- Or, make this adorable peony necklace out of felt.
- “Five Reasons for Crafters to Work in a Series” on Craft Test Dummies.
- Just because: 6 Must Know Lipstick Tricks.
- Over-the-top Yum! Homemade Oreo-style marshmallows!
- A cute treat for summer: Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats.
- On the topic of watermelon, would you try it deep fried?!
- And finally… your S’more of the week: Chocolate-chip S’more Pizza! (Thanks for craftygirl for this suggestion.)
Have a really wonderful weekend! xoxo
Jun 22nd 2012 12:23:02 pm
Hello and a happy friday to you!! See that GIANT stack of postcards above?! Those have all been sent from Swap-bot members as part of the Thank You Swap-bot swap. Amazing!! Each and everyone has made me very happy. What an incredible community! I love you all.
Now on to the links! I have a bunch of dessert recipes, plus lots of other fun stuff for you…
- Very cute for Fourth of July: Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs! (Also on Bakers Royale: Fourth of July Fruit Pops.)
- Also for the Fourth, Rice Krispie Treat Flag Pops.
- For more ideas, check out this round-up of patriotic desserts for the Fourth on It’s Simply Me.
- For ANY time: Chocolate Pie Recipes.
- Or, how about some Rolo-stuffed cookies?!
- Or, these totally adorable Cheesecake Cones from Sprinkle Bakes? Kids would go crazy for those at a party, right?!
- An easy and very cool t-shirt DIY project from P.S. I Made This.
- These are really awesome: Embroidery 101 instructional videos from Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching.
- Obviously. A tampon can be used as a multi-purpose survival tool.
- Music is motivating. How about some Songs of Summer from NPR?
- And, just because awwwwwwwww….. puppies the size of soda cans!
Jun 15th 2012 11:18:55 am
Sadly, I don’t have a true Link Love for you today. BUT, you should go check out the FREE podcast, “Craft Bloggers and Marketing Boundaries,” over on CraftyPod. It is sponsored by Swap-bot and it features Jessika Hepburn, who edits Oh, My! Handmade Goodness.
Have a happy Friday!
Jun 13th 2012 08:35:48 am
I will say it again and again, Swap-bot members are the BEST!
These are just some of the hundreds of postcards I have received from all over the world as part of the “Thank You Swap-bot” swap.
Each and every postcard makes me so happy. Thank you all for your kind words. I plan to thank you each individually on your profile… but it will take me a little while.
I will share more photos of the postcards soon… stay tuned!
Jun 8th 2012 08:23:01 am
Well, hello there! Happy Friday! Are you ready for your weekly dose of links?! Father’s Day is in a little more than a week, so I collected a few crafty gift ideas for you. (Above is a photo of me and my sweet dad approximately 30 years ago.)
For Father’s Day:
- 101 handmade gift ideas for men!
- I feel bad that dads always seem to get stuck with neck ties for Father’s Day, but these double-decker necktie cookies are pretty cute. Or, you could make these hot dog cookies!
- For a necktie-free gift ideas, check out Etsy’s Father’s Day round up.
- Craftzine also has some great gift ideas for dad.
- Use these free printables from Embellish to create an awesome party for your pop!
Other fun stuff:
- DIY tutorial: Chunky Link Ball Chain Friendship Bracelets from Stripes + Sequins. Very cool!
- Love this DIY gold ring necklace from Flax + Twine, too.
- Yum! So colorful! Jello cookies.
- Make an iPad case out of duct tape!
- The creators of BurdaStyle just launched a new DIY community site: Kollabora. It is still in beta, but it looks like it will be a great resource for craft tutorials and supplies.
- S’more of the week: I gotta get some of these S’muffins!
- I could display those S’muffins on this awesome, DIY, cardboard cupcake stand from Oh Happy Day.
- Just for fun: True Story – I’m a Trekkie.
Have a fun weekend!
Jun 5th 2012 01:48:48 pm
Thank you to everyone who entered the Cardcetera Giveaway! I used Random.org to randomly select two winner today… and they are…
Congratulations to the winners! Your postcard packs will be sent directly from Cardcetera.