Do you love Swap-bot? Would you like to help spread the word about our awesome, creative community and help attract other fun, crafty, quality members? We want YOU to be a Swap-bot Ambassador!
Swap-bot Ambassadors will be friendly representatives of the ‘bot in their local region. They will be armed with (free!) Swap-bot swag to distribute as they see fit. Fun! And they will also be strong, visible members of the community online. Each Swap-bot Ambassador will be introduced on the blog and they will have a special designation graphic on their profile page. Additionally, Swap-bot Ambassadors will have the opportunity to publish guests posts on the blog, and they may also be asked for input on future site design and improvements. Sound exciting?!
- Have a Swap-bot account that has been active for a year or longer.
- Be a positive, enthusiastic, active swapper in good standing. (No or very, very few low ratings that can be explained.)
- Be willing to mail and hand out Swap-bot swag.
- Be willing to tell friends (in real life and online via social media) about the fun you have swapping.
- Be open to participating in one-on-one swaps for items from your Ambassador region. (Although, you don’t have to accept ALL one-on-one swap requests.)
- A big package of fun Swap-bot swag — postcards, pins, mini pencils, stickers, etc — will be mailed directly to you! Send it in your swaps, mail postcards to friends, hand it out around town!
- Included in the swag will be special Ambassador stickers that you can put on your swap packages.
- A special Swap-bot Ambassador graphic will be placed on your profile page indicating your status. (Ambassadorships will be life-long appointments! Unless ambassadors wish to resign or they fall into poor standing.)
- Each Ambassador will be introduced on the Swap-bot blog, with links to their Swap-bot profile page, Twitter, Flickr, blogs, etc.
- Love and gratitude from your Swap-bot Admins!
How to Apply:
Send an email to rachel -at- swap-bot.com with the subject: Swap-bot Ambassador Application. (I don’t want to publish my full email address on the blog as it would attract spammers. Replace -at- with @ to make it a true email address.)
Include the following info in your email:
- Your name and Swap-bot username.
- A photo of yourself that you wouldn’t mind being published on the Swap-bot blog.
- A photo of an excellent swap you sent.
- A description of the region you’d like to represent. It can be a country, state, or city. Depending on the number of applicants, we may adjust each Ambassador’s region.
- How you found Swap-bot, if you can remember!
- Why you enjoy Swap-bot.
- Your favorite type of swap.
- An explanation of any low ratings, if necessary.
- Any links you’d like shared on the Swap-bot blog. Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, blogs, websites, etc…
- An interesting fact or anecdote about yourself. It can be anything!
I know that is a lot to include in an email, but you have a LONG time to apply.
Send your application email by May 9th. Deadline extended to Friday, May 16th! Ambassadors will be chosen based on region need, the applicant’s email content, and their swap history. Ambassadors will be contacted and announced starting in early June.
This should be fun! Let me know if you have any questions.
_The Ambassador program was inspired by our very first Swap-bot Ambassador to Portugal, mariadastrouxes. Look for her intro in May!